When most of us think of entrepreneurs we think of the Facebook founder, Mark Zuckerberg, Steve Jobs of Apple and Richard Branson, the brain child behind Virgin. But what do these people actually do that sets them apart from someone who just runs a business?
In most cases, they supply risk capital as a risk taker, and monitor and control the business activities whereas an entrepreneur is usually a sole proprietor, an individual who owns the majority of shares in an incorporated venture or a partner.
While this all sounds very complicated and serious, there are typical characteristics of an entrepreneur which can be applied to absolutely any industry including that of beauty.
- Self-confidence- a belief in your own abilities and ideas will help you to achieve whatever you set your sights on, enjoying the rewards of self-built success.
- Self-motivation and determination- the inner drive to keep striving for more, seeing things through to the end and reflecting on the choices and decisions made and their outcomes to make positive steps forward.
- Showing initiative- when you possess a natural creative flair and a desire to succeed, the ideas you have for the business will be detailed and you will strive to achieve the objectives set to the best of your abilities.
- Being inventive and possessing innovation- having the ability to generate ideas, either for new products, services or ways of applying them will help you to achieve the best business outcomes possible. Here’s to a fantastic new beauty venture utilising all of the skills you have learnt and continue to develop across time!
- Analytical abilities- by being capable of researching and evaluating each aspect of your business means you will be in total control of how things progress and grow.
- From development, through to production, finance, marketing and sales if you are involved in every area of the running of your business you will have a hand’s on approach which will pay dividends on the success of your venture.
- Focused on results- a strong focus on results and the end goal ensures that the services you deliver within your salon and the products you showcase are the very best.
- The combination of many of these skills and qualities, with the right support, ensures ideas do not just remain as dreams but become real, viable businesses. Whether you want to begin a career in the beauty industry or want to develop your skills, Beauty Courses 4U can help you achieve your dreams.
If you are thinking about launching your own business there are some things you definitely need to make sure you have a handle on. Of course, anyone can start a business but it takes careful planning, accountability and passion to make your beauty business grow and to sustain that growth.
Here’s a quick check list to consider as you begin to plan your business:
Is this something you truly believe in? If so, go with your gut instinct, plan ahead, speak with other professionals and do lots of research before you take the plunge.
- Use social media such as Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram and Google+ to test concepts and new audiences. It will be a great way to research ideas, gather information and make informed decisions.
- Research the volume of people searching and willing to pay for the service you want to deliver. Think about how many people look for a salon in your area, want professional nail art completed, want to have their eyebrows threaded or tinted or enjoy the art of henna, for example. These people will potentially become your clients so think carefully at which niche you want to focus on.
- Think about your branding. Brand essence is about how people feel about your enterprise so consider this carefully.
- Listen carefully to customer feedback because without customers, you have absolutely nothing. Listen to what they want, need and are willing to pay for, all of these little details will help your new business venture grow and develop over time.
With all of the above in mind, investing time into proper planning is key to turning your dreams into reality. One thing to consider is that operating a start-up business isn’t just about working from home or for yourself, it is also about having the necessary management skills, technical skills, finance, industry expertise, and of course a long term vision to grow and succeed.
Just remember, every business has humble beginnings. It’s not about where you start. It’s where you end up.
Beauty Courses 4U are on hand to help you get to where you want to be, we have all the resources, expertise and knowledge to help turn your dreams into a reality so do not hesitate to get in touch to find out more. Why not take a look at the range of fantastic courses on offer by clicking on our Beauty Courses?